Ceramic cookware is a growing industry, and it’s no wonder. Not only are ceramic pots and pans incredibly durable, but they also heat up quickly and evenly—two features that are essential in today’s kitchen.
What’s more, many of the best ceramic cookware brands are made in the USA. So if you’re looking for high-quality cookware that will last, consider investing in American-made ceramic pots and pans.
The Different Types of Ceramic Cookware
Ceramic cookware is a type of cooking ware made from special ceramics that have a high heat tolerance.
The different types of ceramic cookware include:
- Cast-Iron Skillet: A cast-iron skillet is the most popular type of ceramic cookware because it’s very versatile and can be used for many different types of cooking. These skillets are heavy and can therefore require a bit more force to move them around, but they’re well worth the investment because they’re durable and last a long time.
- Griddle: A griddle is similar to a cast-iron skillet in that it also has a heavy bottom and wide surface area. However, unlike a cast-iron skillet, a griddle is made specifically for cooking pancakes, eggs, bacon, etc. This type of cookware is great for making large batches quickly without having to constantly oil or butter the pan.
- Dutch Oven: A Dutch oven is one of the oldest types of cookware still in use today. It’s essentially an oven with two hinged covers that can be opened separately to expose the inside cooking pot. Dutch ovens are perfect for braising meats or baking casseroles because they retain moisture and heat well.
- Skillet Set: If you’re looking for something less expensive than individual skillets, consider purchasing a set of ceramic skillets. Sets usually come with at least two skillets, which is great for families who want to cook different dishes simultaneously.
- Casserole Dish: A casserole dish is a specialized type of ceramic cookware that’s designed to hold a large quantity of food. These dishes are usually made from a single piece of ceramics and have a relatively shallow depth, so they’re not ideal for cooking items such as meats or vegetables that require a lot of space in the pan. However, they’re perfect for making simple casseroles or serving as the main dish at a dinner party.
- Sauté Pan: A sauté pan is similar to a skillet set in that it includes two pans, but the main difference is that the sauté pan has a sloped bottom that makes it perfect for cooking foods over high heat. This type of cookware is ideal for making sauces, frying foods, or cooking multiple items at once.
- Wok: A wok is a type of cookware that’s typically used for cooking Chinese food. It’s a large bowl-shaped pot with a ridged bottom that helps create intense heat when cooking. Woks are also special because they can be used to cook multiple ingredients at once, making them ideal for creating stir-fries or soups.
The Pros and Cons
The main benefit of ceramic cookware is that it is a very efficient way to cook food. It heats up quickly and evenly, so your food will be cooked perfectly every time. Ceramic pieces also hold heat well, so they will stay hot for a long time after you turn off the stove.
One downside is that it can be difficult to keep it clean. Ceramic is a porous material, so oil and food can easily get stuck in between the cracks. Additionally, ceramics do not conduct heat as well as other types of cookware, so they can be cold on the bottom when cooking foods with high-fat content.
What Foods Can Be Cooked in Ceramic Cookware?
One of the great things about ceramic cookware is that it can be used for a variety of different types of food. This means that you can cook almost anything in ceramic cookware, from delicate seafood dishes to hearty stews and soups.
Here are some of the most common types of food that can be cooked in it:
- Stew or soup: A stew or soup made in ceramic cookware will be both warm and flavorful.
- Fish: Fish cooked in ceramic cookware will come out crispy and golden brown.
- Steak: A steak cooked in ceramic cookware will be evenly done, without being over cooked.
- Vegetables: Vegetables cooked in ceramic cookware will come out perfectly tender, without becoming overcooked or dry.
- Pizza: Pizza made in ceramic cookware will be crispy and delicious.
The Best Ceramic Cookware Brands in the USA
There are many ceramic cookware brands in the United States, but which ones are the best? Here are five of the best ones:
- All-Clad: All-Clad is known for their high quality and durability of their cookware. Their pots, pans, and saucepans are made with a stainless steel bottom and an aluminum core, which gives them excellent heat distribution and durability.
- Anolon: Anolon is another well-known brand that produces high quality ceramic cookware. They use a unique two-tier construction process that results in pots that stay cooler to the touch even when overstuffed with food.
- Scanpan: Scanpan is a leading manufacturer of cast iron cookware in the USA. Their products are made with heavy gauge steel for even heat distribution and long lasting durability.
- Le Creuset: Le Creuset is a French company that has been making high quality cookware for over 100 years now. The Secret to their success is their use of copper and brass for their vessels which gives them excellent heat transfer properties and makes them nonstick without being heavy or expensive.
- Calphalon: Calphalon is one of the most popular brands of ceramic cookware on the market today due to their sleek designs, easy cleaning abilities, and overall quality cooking experience.
Be sure to read our blog post on the ultimate comparison of All-Clad and Hexclad cookware, so you can find out which one is better for your kitchen needs.
If you’re looking for the best ceramic cookware made in the USA, you’ll want to check out our selection. We have all of the top brands, so whether you’re cooking for one or ten people, we have the perfect pot or pan for you. Don’t wait any longer – start shopping today and see for yourself why our ceramic cookware is considered some of the best on the market!